Earn College Credits Online
at a Top Lasallian University
Welcome to the Saint Mary's University of Minnesota Catholic Virtual Academy!
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota and Catholic Virtual have partnered to offer Lasallian high school students an affordable and flexible dual credit program fully online through Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota Catholic Virtual Academy–allowing students like you to earn credits toward their undergraduate degree while completing high school.
How does the program work?
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota Catholic Virtual Academy courses are 16 weeks long and 100% online.
- Take up to two classes per semester, either in conjunction with your high school curriculum or in addition to your high school course load.
- The curriculum is asynchronous and taught by college instructors trained in best practices for online learning.
- Course modules and assignments are released weekly to help keep you on pace.
- Throughout the course, instructors hold regular office hours, and you are encouraged to reach out with questions, concerns, or engage with your instructor.
- Discussion boards, chat rooms, and other online learning tools allow you to engage with classmates and other students.
Is the Dual Credit Program Right for Me?
The Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota Catholic Virtual Academy program is excellent if you want to get ahead or get an introduction to college-level courses. To be eligible, you must
- be 16 years of age
- have a minimum 3.0 unweighted GPA
- have a recommendation from your high school counselor, head of school, or principal to be considered for the program.
If you have questions or need help applying, please call us at 844-211-7159.
The Registration Deadline is April 9.
How to Apply
If interested in the program, first meet with your school counselor to ensure you meet eligibility requirements. If eligible:
- You will acquire a recommendation letter from your high school counselor, head of school, or principal.
- You will work with your counselor to fill out the program application, select courses, and submit your recommendation letter.
- A Catholic Virtual counselor will validate your qualifications and submit your application to Saint Mary’s.
- You will receive a provisional course enrollment notification upon application acceptance.